Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Dreams

An intriguing characteristic of my dreams is that of location. Traveling back to America for extended stays has allowed me to realize that I tend to dream of Europe during the first weeks of our American journeys. And then, upon returning to Europe, I dream of America for the first weeks in what I guess is a sort of dream inertia.

But for the past five nights (we returned to Germany a week ago) I haven't been dreaming about any specific geographic location.

Instead, my dreams have been taking place on the internet.

I suppose it's because setting up my website and blogspot has occupied most of my time lately, but it's still unnerving to dream of being inside one's computer or inside the computers of others, and especially of not being able to find one's way out.

A modern day Tron, that's me.

I know that polyglots often dream in foreign languages, and we're all guilty of dreaming about our work, but I can't help thinking that I've spent too much time plugged in lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home